Monday the 17th---I got a phone call from my dad telling me that my grandpa had fallen earlier that day and that he had broken his shoulder in a few places... They were keeping him in the hospital overnight to get everything figured out... He was doing well all things considered...
Tuesday the 18th---I am at work and get plowed over by an over zealous 4 year old (Ryan) and hit into the counter with some intense force... I got home about 4 hours later and Hilary freaks out because of my arm... Head in to the ER and sure enough it is broken in a couple of spots... Have I mentioned before how much I love working with little boys?!? In all seriousness--it is true!!

Thursday the 20th---Get another phone call from dad telling me Grandpa is back in the hospital... He fell in the night at home and will probably need surgery... Still looks like things will be fine--just need a little bit of rest...
Friday the 21st---Frantic realization that I have to get an apartment all packed if I want help moving... As if moving isn't stressful enough, doing so with a broken arm makes it all the more crazy and insane!! Thank goodness for amazing friends in my life! My dear friend Tamie came over and helped me to pack all day long!!
Saturday the 22nd---Moving starts at 6am and thanks again to amazing friends; it goes rather quickly and smoothly... My visiting teacher is always a great source of help whenever I need it! I am so glad Hollie is a part of my life!! After moving, headed to Devin and Savannah's house for the apple cup game... I was the only one rooting for the cougars, and sure enough, we kicked some husky butt!!!
Monday the 24th---Moving continues with last things left behind on Saturday... Tamie came over again, and was a huge help again!! Ryan and Connor were a huge help too! I am amazed at the endurance the boys have!! Get a phone call from dad around 7pm saying Grandpa has taken a turn for the worst, and probably won't live thru the night...
Tuesday the 25th---Hilary, Savannah, Reagan, Molly and I all leave in the car for Utah... A very long 15 hour drive in a small car... The drive went well, but we got a call from dad at 7:14pm saying Grandpa had passed away a few minutes prior... We were about an hour away, so it was even more of a slash to our already broken hearts...
Wednesday the 26th---We spent the day with Kali and Gage helping them do their Christmas shopping for each other and mom and dad... We also went to the movies and lunch with them... It was a good break from the sadness surrounding us...
Thursday the 27th---Thanksgiving with mom's side of the family... It was a lot of fun but hard because we were heart broken from losing grandpa two days prior... It was nice to see all of mom's family and all of our cousins... Food was fabulous as always and it was nice to watch all of the football games with my dad, grandpa, great grandpa, and uncles...
Friday the 28th---BLACK FRIDAY!!! Need I say anymore???
Saturday the 29th---Grandpa Winn's funeral... One of the hardest days of my life thus far... It was a very good service and a neat thing to honor the life that my grandpa lived... I learned so many things about my grandpa I didn't know before... I always knew he was an amazing man and I am so glad that I got to spend a whole day honoring him!!!
Sunday the 30th---Started the long drive home... Never an easy task...
What an eventful few weeks this has been... I have felt every single emotion possible-I am certain of that... I am thankful for my knowledge of eternal families, and that we will be together again one day...


4 comments:
It was wonderful to be able to see you this past weekend. I am sorry for the circumstances though. Funerals are hard but a wonderful time to remember and think of the amazing person who has past to the other side. Your dad and your family are a tribute to your Grandpa and what he taught his family.
I wish I could give you a hug right now. I know that things are sometimes hard to understand as to the why but it is really good that you have the Gospel in your life and that you understand it. Grandpa Winn was a great man and what a wonderful legacy he has left behind in all of you. I love you and we send our love and prayers your way.
I am so sorry about your Grandpa. Mine died in October so I completely know what you are going through. I hope everything gets better for you and get well soon!
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa - and your stress in general! I hope things are looking up.
Post a Comment