Saturday, July 10, 2010

exhilarating...




I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows to late.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God.
His promises are sure;
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.


Devin and Savannah have a ritual of singing songs with the girls every night before bed... Reagan is 2 years old and she knows so many different church songs... One of her favorites is "I am a Child of God" and she knows all of the words to all of the verses... She often requests to sing this at night before bed, not once, not twice, but as many times as you will let her... Tonight I had the chance to be a part of putting the girls to bed and Reagan wanted me to sit right next to her bed and sing to her... I started singing and I instantly went to tears... I couldn't even sing anymore because I had a huge rush of different things fly through my head all at once... First being how sweet it was that Reagan was so in love with a song that is so simple yet so significant at the same time... Second, I thought about how important parents really are, and what this song is saying... It is really stating very simply and to the point the biggest job that a parent has to their children... Third, I thought about how grateful I am that my sweet baby girl has such amazing adoptive parents who promised to do exactly as this song says... I never knew that a song I've known forever would hit me so hard on a night singing with my nieces...

No comments: