Wednesday, July 14, 2010

just to clear things up...


Maili girl 2006

So... I've been informed that one of my prior posts caused a bit of confusion for some people... This is for sure not intentional, but this is also not something I've talked about a whole lot in the past... Here is the basic cut and dry information for those who are curious...



In 2004 I gave birth to a baby girl... I knew from day one that adoption was my only option... It is what was best for her and it is what was best for me... She was adopted by an LDS family who had been praying for a baby for a long time... She is their daughter...





I've been asked a lot why I never talked about it, and to be honest, it was because as much as I knew it was the right thing, it was also the hardest thing I've ever done in my life... I had to come to accept it for myself before I could handle hearing how other people felt about it... I needed that time... I also didn't want to hurt any of my family, and I thought that not exposing them to this hard time in my life would protect them... I have since found out that I was wrong...





My baby girl has a family that loves her... She is happy... She is healthy... She is where she belongs...





When I was a little girl, I always told myself that every child deserves to have two parents, a mom and a dad... I also believed, and still do, that children have the right to have great parents... I obviously could not be both a mom and a dad, so I made the right decision for me and for her... Although she will always be a part of me, I made the decision to be the best mom to her that I could be and that included adoption...





I am not looking for any condolences... I am not looking for any pat on the back or praise... I am not even looking for each and every person to agree with my decision... BUT... It is exactly that, my decision and one that I put a lot of prayers, tears, research, and my whole heart into...





I know this probably brings up a lot of questions and all of that... I am not shy about this, and it does not upset me to talk about it... I can't guarantee that I won't cry, because I feel the spirit so strongly reassuring me each and every time I talk about it, so just be warned... I am open for any questions that you may have...





Family is everything to me and I know that she is in her eternal family... I was her access from Gods arms to her adoptive parents arms... God makes no mistakes... She is meant to be here for a reason... She will accomplish great things... She will be an example to many... She is her Heavenly Father's daughter...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea and was kind of wondering so thank you for sharing that. My cousin and her husband have been going through infertility for a couple of years and finally realized she was not going to be able to have a child on her own so she has turned to adoption. I know that they are hoping a birth mother will be as strong as you and make that decision. What a great gift to give someone.

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

Wow, I didn't know you went through that? Wish I could have been there for you!! Glad you have so much peace and reassurance about it. Love you Mishali!