Wednesday, October 27, 2010

my future bungalow??


"The home is the first and most effective place for children to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self-control; the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home."
--David O. McKay

I am so thankful that I grew up in a home that followed what President McKay said above... I grew up in a home where my mom was home before and after school every single day... I grew up in a home where my family sat for dinner at the table everything single night including my dad who made sure he was home in time... I grew up in a home where my parents taught us the value of hard work and the blessings that come from it... I grew up in a home where my parents taught by example and not by preaching at us... I grew up in a home where I knew what mattered in life and what didn't... This is what I wanted for my kids when I grew up... I can remember thinking this as a young girl, and surprisingly, throughout my teenage years as well... It was a time when other kids I knew where never acknowledged by their parents... Because I had Maili and it was a situation where I would be her only parent, I knew what I needed and wanted to do... The right choice for me was adoption... I can't say it was the easiest decision I have ever made, because trust me, it wasn't... President McKay's quote played a big part in my decision... I knew how important it was for me to grow up in a home like that, so naturally it's what I wanted for Maili... I am thankful that she has that in her life...

No comments: