Saturday, May 14, 2011

making the best of it..





I am so tired of being sick and tired!! It is really starting to wear on me and it is turning me into a cynical person.. I don't like that.. I don't like always seeing the negative instead of the positive.. I don't like only seeing dark and dreary.. I woke up this morning and looked outside to see sun.. That hasn't happened around here very much this year and so I decided to just make the best of the day.. I feel like crap.. I am in pain.. Regardless, I will be happy and enjoy the sun.. I got out of bed and put on my runners.. Leashed up Molly and we headed on a long walk.. I grabbed a sweatshirt before leaving and I was pleasantly surprised when about 10 minutes into the walk I needed the sweatshirt off.. It is really that nice outside today.. I walked slowly and let Molly be the lead.. She determined where we would go and at what pace.. We did a leisure walk and I made sure to enjoy everything along the way.. Something I have missed from growing up is being able to always see Mt. Rainier.. I know as a kid I took that for granted, but now as an adult, anytime I get to see it I go back to my kiddie days and remember.. I remember all of the things I used to do as a kid.. I remember playing outside with friends from dawn until dusk.. I remember all sorts of things.. I am thankful that I decided to pull my bum out of bed today and to make the best of what I have at this point in time, super sick and all..

No comments: