Tuesday, September 15, 2009

3 reasons I ♥ my boys!




If there are 3 things I know for sure about being a nanny to boys, it is this:


1. Boys don’t mind being messy or dirty (except if it’s their diaper… even that is questionable sometimes…) they love to play in the dirt, they love to eat bugs, and they will smile through it all!
2. I spend 75% of my day with my cool boys and I can tell you this, I would totally rather spend that 75% with the boys that any adult… They are definitely more fun and entertaining than most adults, not saying that we don’t all need some adult time, but these boys are one of the main reasons I laugh and smile in the first place…
3. Playtime is by far the most important and best part of our day… Although quiet time is a nice break for me, just keepin’ it real! It’s when they can make messes, chase each other around, play with toys and laugh… That is until somebody steals a toy, then its war… If I am quick enough to settle the situation, then the laughing continues… It’s when I play planes and trains and baseball that the boy’s laugh and yell the loudest…

So yes, the boys remind me that life is supposed to be fun… They also remind me to focus on the things that are really important like making sure they are happy… I hope I am doing a good job at that…

No comments: