Wednesday, July 1, 2009

prayer....day 01


I decided that this month I am going to read an article in the Ensign every single day and then blog about it so that I can look back and be reminded of these important things. For July 01 I read Come unto Him in Prayer and Faith by President Thomas S. Monson. A few things that really stood out to me:


♥There is strength in prayer... Those who feel that prayer might denote a physical or intellectual weakness should remember that a man never stand taller than when he is upon his knees...

♥We cannot know what faith is if we have never had it, and we cannot obtain it as long as we deny it... Faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other...

♥Prayer continues to provide power--spiritual power... Prayer continues to provide peace--spiritual peace...

♥Wherever we may be, our Heavenly Father can hear and answer the prayer offered in faith...

♥Through personal prayer, through family prayer, by trusting in God with faith, nothing wavering, we can call down to our rescue His mighty power. His call to us is as it has ever been: "Come unto me..."


I love prayer... I love being able to talk to my Heavenly Father and the ability to talk to somebody who knows everything about me... I am not perfect with my prayers, but I can tell when I have forgotten because life seems extra hard... I have a testimony of prayer...

No comments: