Wednesday, December 1, 2010

DAY 1—Best Friend


I’m pretty sure this is the hardest thing ever! My cousin Whitney challenged me to doing these 30 days of letters with each one directed towards somebody; sometimes a situation included. Today is Day 1 and the topic is “best friend.”

Dear best friend—
I don’t even know who you are at this point… How do I write a letter to my best friend when I don’t know who you are? Does my best friend have to be alive? Does my best friend have to live close? Does my best friend have to talk to me every single day? If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then I would say I don’t have a best friend; I just have a lot of friends that are great! If the answer to those questions can be no, then that opens up a whole world, and I can write to you…


Jamie… I am going to pick you because let’s face it… You are for sure the perfect example of a best friend! You show me how to do best friend things… You love me regardless of how easy or hard that may be at the given time… You encourage me… To be anything and everything I could ever want to be, even if other people don’t like it… You believe in me… Something that I have a hard time doing sometimes… You make me want to be a bigger and better person… You see my potential and you don’t hesitate to let me know when I am slacking at getting there… You know what you want in your life and nothing is stopping you… You have shown me that I too can do the same thing and have great results from it… You are like the softest heart and most loving person but somebody does something wrong and it the attack Jamie that jumps out and I love it! Not only to do you use this to your advantage, you use it while you are protecting others… That mother bear theory really is true! You mess with one of her cubs you may as well just surrender dead and Jamie; it’s the same way with you… Somebody might think they can get away with something wrong or mean, but I always know that once you find out, you got my back! You make time to have just Mishali and Jamie time… Purely because you know it is something that matters to me… I love you… I love what you do for me… I HATE that you live out in crazy old history town… but I love sending fun things to you so it’s okay… I can’t believe that we have been friends for over 14 years now… Seems crazy, but who am I kidding?! It has been both crazy and perfect…

I really do love you Jamie and you have played such an important part of my life… The missing piece that helps to make me complete… Thank you for all you do… I love you times a million!!!
♥mishali

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so precious! Thanks for letting me know how you feel.. and all I can say.. is DITTO my friend! You mean the world to me and I love you as much as I love Bud Light...