Saturday, December 4, 2010

DAY 4—My Sibling


I could pick an individual sibling to write to but I am going to write a small bit to each of you…

Devin—what an amazing brother you have been… what an example… what a friend… I have some fond memories from growing up and I want to name a few… first would be black eyes as a newborn… I don’t think it’s physically possible for me to remember something from so young, but I think hearing about this so much makes me think I remember it… next up would be chasing you down the street in Orting, while you were on your bike, screaming at you and saying “you are an ass!!” and you promptly flipping your bike around and speeding home to tell on me… fast forward a few years to when you went on your mission… I don’t know that I will ever be able to express what my thoughts and feelings were at that time… nothing but fear, sadness, frustration, and excitement… that was a really hard time for me, but I am so thankful that you help true to what you always promised yourself you would do… last I would say watching you raise your little girls… I never thought you would be one to change a diaper or to let a baby cuddle up to you for hours on end… I learned I was very wrong when Reagan was born and was reminded again when Lucy was born… what an amazing daddy you have been to them… I love you!

Hilary—well isn’t this just fun!? I can remember honestly thinking you were going to ruin my world… perhaps this started when we were young, perhaps it started as we got older… I’m really not sure… one thing I do know, is that the more time that passes, the more I love you! you too have been a great source of comfort in my life as well as a great resource… I know that no matter what happens, I can always call you and you will listen… I think we are more similar than we are different and sometimes that causes a rift between us, but we always make it through… I know that in the past, I kept some things from you because I thought I was protecting you, but in reality, I have come to find out I was only hurting you… if I could have a do-over on parts of my life, I would take it and have you right there by my side the entire way… I am so excited for the future and for all of the things that we will be able to experience together… you are fabulous and I love you!!

Kali—something about you has had me captivated since day one… you are one special little lady and I am so glad that you are my sister… know that you were wanted for SO LONG and that you were blessed to be adopted into a family that adored you before you were even born… if I could give you anything, it would be self confidence… you are so much better than you think… sometimes I wonder if you really know your worth… you are at such a tough age, and you have had to grow up quickly in some ways because of the way our family is made… you are such an example to everybody around you and you have the ability to make a big difference in people’s lives if you use your example for good… you have two nieces who look up to you and love you and want to be just like you… remember that… you also have a little brother who needs you in his life… he needs your love… he needs your kindness… life is not always going to be easy and I think you’ve been able to see that by just watching all of us… that doesn’t mean it’s not worth it… do everything you can to make the best of your life… I love you and know that you’re worth it!!

Gage—if I could say something for everybody in this world, I would first say that I am so sorry you have to face so many challenges from such a young age… I knew my family was complete in regards to siblings when you came along… I have the perfect family! two brothers and two sisters is what I always wanted and now I can say that I have it! you are so strong and so courageous… don’t ever forget that! you’ve amazed me since you were little with everything from knowing the temples by name to jumping on the school bus so young and being okay with it… please don’t let your different challenges in life prevent you from being all that you can be… please remember how strong you really are… please remember that your mom and dad love you and are doing everything they can for you… please don’t forget how to treat your mom… she does everything for you because she loves you… you have the chance to be anything you want to be and I can’t wait to see who you become! I love you and I hope you will always know that!!

Savannah—you are the sister I’ve always known that I was going to get… in my eyes, nobody would ever be “good enough” to be MY brother’s wife, but I am so thankful that you have proved me wrong… you were a fabulous roommate and that’s where I really got to know you best… I have enjoyed all of the times we’ve been able to spend together, and a few stick out in my mind… first would be making the paper chain to countdown to your wedding… that was funny is all I can say about that… next would be sitting at your house every single night for the last half of September and first part of October just waiting for Reagan to make her grand appearance… that poor baby we could hear crying every single night and thinking how sad it was… writing down contractions and watching the clock… and sure enough that little girl made her appearance when I was not at your house… I may or may not hold that against her still! you’ve been a sister, a friend, and a confidant since day one and I am so thankful for you!! you are the sister I haven’t had my whole life, but we are making up for lost time with no problems!! I love you!

I have been blessed with the most amazing brothers and sisters and I am so thankful that they are all in my life!!
♥mishali

No comments: