Wow… Another hard one to write!
The thing about writing each day is that I have no guidelines that I could choose to follow; instead I have a blank sheet of paper that says DAY3—My Parents….. Yep that is everything! So I get to choose what I am writing today and I will enjoy it all!!
I guess I want to just list a few of the things you taught me and that I am most grateful that I know…
patience—anybody who knows anything about me knows that I am not the easiest person to be around all of the time… I know how I want things done and I don’t like to detour from that… the only way I had a chance at living life was if you had complete patience with me while I had to figure things out for myself, usually the hard way…
the value of hard work—this started from a very young age and I can honestly say that I didn’t appreciate it at the time… I can promise that I hated doing morning chores and I especially hated Saturday chores! you never gave in though and I can honestly say that I am thankful for that now…
honesty—I quickly learned that nothing else really matters in this world if you’re not honest... that includes everything from not stealing to being honest with myself with who I really am… it hasn’t been easy, but I can finally say that I feel like I am at a point in my life where I am honestly happy…
time—a big one for me… you always made sure that there was somebody home after school… you did you very best to make your work schedules different so that somebody was always home… you made sure that we knew that you would always have time for anything that we needed and I appreciate that… that material things did not take the place of your time for us…
laughter—I learned to never take life too seriously and to be able to laugh at myself… the little things really didn’t matter and that nobody could make me upset without me letting them… that life really is what you make of it…
adoption is worth it—not only did I get a fabulous brother through adoption, I got an amazing sister as well… I learned that every child deserves a mom and a dad... I learned that new siblings didn’t take away from the things I had but only enhanced them… that adoption was the right thing for me and a positive thing because I was able to be a part of it so young…
thank you for loving me and for always giving me the best that you could… thank you for all of the childhood memories… thank you for all of the sacrifices that you made for me… thank you for teaching me how the world works… thank you for all you do… I love you!!
♥mishali
♥mishali


No comments:
Post a Comment