Friday, November 12, 2010

If this was a movie...

Last night I heard my own heart beating
Sounded like footsteps on my stairs
Six months gone and I'm still reaching
Even though I know you're not here
I was playing back a thousand memories baby
Thinkin' bout everything we've been through
Maybe I've been going back too much lately
Time stood still and I had you

This song brings me to a few places... First being that of my little girl Maili... Oh how true the words "I'm still reaching" and "playing back a thousand memories" are... I find myself daily exactly that... I reach for you... I do this through prayer... Through looking at pictures of you... From just thinking about you... I also play back as many memories of her each day as I can... Memories are the only thing I have... This song also brings me to "my" superman... Oh how I reach for you... Oh how I miss you... Oh how I play the thousands of memories I have with you... When I need a little step back to good places in my life, this song does the trick!

No comments: