Saturday, November 13, 2010

Innocent...

There's some things you can't speak of
But tonight you'll live it all again
You wouldn't be shattered on the floor now
If only you would sing what you know now then

Wasn't it easier in your firefly-catchin' days?
And everything out of reach, someone bigger brought down to you
Wasn't it beautiful runnin' wild 'til you fell asleep?
Before the monsters caught up to you?

It's all right, just wait and
Your string of lights is still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent
This one is an interesting one for me... I think my favorite part would have to be "who you are is not where you've been..." I haven't always made the best choices in my life... I haven't always had a "perfect" life... The list of things I wish I could forget is a mile long... The list of things I wish I could do over is a mile long... How true it is though that I am not defined as a person based on where I've been in my life... I am a new person every single day...

No comments: