Sunday, November 14, 2010

Never grow up...

You're little hands wrapped around my finger
And, it's so quiet in the world tonight
You're little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So, I took you in
Turn on your favorite night light
To you, every thing's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I had, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darling don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
It can stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, and never grow up

I can remember being a little girl and having no cares in the world... My life consisted of playing, eating, and more playing... Sometimes I think it would be nice to go back to that life, but then I remember I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't grow up... I have wished for this with Kali and Gage... I have wished for this with Reagan, Lucy, Michaela, and Heidi... It's inevitable though... We will all grow up... Hopefully we take a lot of the characteristics we had as little kids and carry them through our lives with us... People will hurt us... People will break our hearts... But we will grow up and we will be stronger because of it...

No comments: