Tuesday, November 23, 2010

snow day!


a quick look at some of the snow coming down in the backyard...


our view out the front door...

Well, I can honestly say we got dumped on by the snow! When I heard that there would be snow coming, I didn't think too much of it and figured it would be a light dusting and nothing more... Let's just say I was very wrong... It started snowing mid morning, and by 2:30pm I was calling Michelle at work letting her know the snow was really starting to stick and she might want to think about heading home... She didn't think too much of it and decided to just stick it out in Seattle for the rest of her work day... I quickly knew this was not a good idea...

Let's just say her normal 1 hour commute home turned into a 3 1/2 hour commute which ended at the bottom of one of the hills here in Newcastle and turned into a 1 hour hike up the hills home... Because she wasn't home, I was not able to head home... This meant that my car was not going to be moving and I could either stay the night at their house or walk my bum home... I went for the walk and started at about 8:30pm... It didn't take too long, but it was all downhill so I did have to be extra careful... It was a long night and one I hope to not repeat in the near future...

No comments: