Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where have you been???

Holy smokes!! It has been 5 months since I last blogged.... Where does the time go?? I guess this is what happens when life is busy....


There is no way that I could even begin to blog about what's gone on the last 5 months.... The thought of it alone makes my head hurt and makes me anxious!!


I will just post about a few of the big things that have happened each month....


January -- I finally got my cast off of my arm! That is the most exciting thing that happened this month that I can remember.... It was a long almost 3 months with the darned thing on, but I guess it was worth it.... :) Another thing that I did this month is make my New Year's Resolutions.... I decided that I would only make one because too many is hard to stick too.... My only goal was to give up eating fast food.... To some that may be a simple thing, but for me it was a HUGE deal!!! I could easily eat fast food every single day but I was determined to succeed!!


February -- My birthday month!! I can't believe that I turned 24 this year.... Where is all the time going?? Whoever said, "time flies" was absolutely right!!


March -- What a busy month! For Christmas, all I wanted to do is go to Time Out for Women.... I set that weekend aside for 3 months so that I would be able to go. Nothing is better than listening to amazing people, who have the spirit so strong in their lives, speak about things that I know to be true. I learned a lot of new things while I was there, but mostly, I was reminded about things that I already knew, but just forgot.... Now, a few people know that I am so lucky and privileged to be friends with Kim Nelson. He has written a couple of books, and is a very good friend to me. He also happens to know a lot of people due to his career path. He speaks at quite a few of the Time Out for Women events around the United States, so if you've been, you have probably heard him speak. I have been privileged to meet Michael McLean when we went to the Forgotten Carols last November. I have also been able to have several books and CD's signed by some of my favorite people. While I was at Time Out, Kim took the time to introduce me to Hilary Weeks, another inspirational LDS writer. I can remember being a little girl and listening to her music on car rides, and just loving it! I also took to the piano at a young age, and so I have been able to buy her sheet music and learn that as well. Last but not least, I was able to meet Sister Oaks who is Elder Dallin H. Oaks wife. She is a very funny and witty lady who had many funny stories to share with us! I'm sure some of you can relate to me on this; I often think of the apostles and well known LDS people as "somewhat above me," in a sense. Not that they are any better per say, but just that they are closer to the Lord that I could ever be.... I know that isn't true, but I often think that if I were to run into the Prophet on the street, I would be at a loss of something intelligent to say.... What a neat experience it was to be able to meet such neat people and to be reminded that we are all here for the same reason and that they actually are more normal that I thought!!


Lets see... What else happened?? Twilight came out on DVD!! I went over to my friend Carla's house to watch it for the first time ever in her movie room.... It was very fun and a great movie! Although a lot of hype was made about Edward and how hot he is, I have to disagree.... I know.... I know.... I am a much bigger fan of Emmet, so all you Edward stalkers, be my guest! Just leave Emmet for me!


My parents went on a trip to New Zealand this month! Hilary and I were lucky enough to each spend some time in Utah with Kali and Gage while they were gone.... Hilary spent the first 8 days with them and I spent that last 10 days with them. I have to say it ended up being a totally different experience than I had thought up in my head, but it was still a lot of fun! Kali, Gage and I all came down with strep throat the first day I was there, and so we spent most of the first 5 days very sick!! It was a lot of doctors appointments and phone calls across state to get everybody the right medicine that would kill those germs! My Grandma Erickson is currently fighting breast cancer and was going thru radiation treatments, so we were unable to spend any time with her for what I was afraid would be the whole time I was there! Luckily we all go better, and I was able to spend a couple of days with my grandparents. I am sad that I wasn't able to see my Grandma Winn, but she and I both thought it would be best not to get together with all the germs floating around! I was also able to see my Great Grandpa Smith who was recovering in a nursing home from what they think was a stroke. I was expecting something totally different when we went to see him, but he was normal as ever! What a joker and faker he is!! I can't believe he is as old as he is, and still doing the things he does! Hmm....


Last big thing of March was allergy testing.... I was actually looking forward to getting it done! Sadly, I am allergic to most everything but dogs and cats.... That includes fresh fruit and veggies... People give me a hard time when I tell them that, but it is very true!! I was poked 152 times, and every single time I had a major reaction right away.... Good thing I don't mind needles too much!! :)I think that about sums up March....

April -- I went to fly home, and found out that my flight was overbooked by 12 people. Needless to say, I ended up staying in the airport waiting for the next one out. They originally thought I wouldn't be able to get on a flight until 2 days later, but I told them all of my stuff had already gone to the airport on the prior flight, and I needed my medication that was with it.... Amazing how that works! :) Hilary picked me up and when we got home, I took both of my suitcases out of her car and carried one inside. I came back to get my other one, which was sitting by Hilary's car, and it was gone.... Yep! Somebody stole my suitcase!!! I'm not sure what they were thinking could be inside, but trust me....it was NOTHING special....to them at least! Obviously I was very annoyed and irritated, but I kept telling myself it was just clothes and clothes can be replaced.... That was good and all until I realized that my hearing aid was also in there.... OUCH!!! Now that was an expensive loss!!! I ended up filing against my renters insurance because of the huge expense of my hearing aid.... Who knew they could be so expensive!! Better yet, who knew people would sink low enough to steal another person's suitcase?!? It has been a long drawn out process getting everything figured out, but I am happy to say that I am almost done with it!!


Now, most of you know that I have had quite the dental experience this year.... I have the worlds worst teeth, and I finally gained up enough courage to go and have any dental work that needed to be done, done. As much as I loath the dentist, I have been able to handle it thus far without any serious need for counseling as a result.... I can't say the same thing about my first visit of this month!! I had to have a crown prep done, and I honestly don't know what all they do to get that done, but I know enough to say that I would rather have all my fingernails pulled off one at a time than have that done again!!!! It was a horrible experience, not because my dentist is horrible, but because a crown prep in general is horrible!! I told my dentist that I hope to NEVER have to have another crown prep done, and he told me that it usually only takes one time for people to figure that out! And you all thought that I am a slow learner.... :)


The next best thing that happened in April is that Savannah and Reagan came to visit Hilary and I for a few days! We were able to go to the Science Center in Seattle as well as up the Space Needle. None of us really enjoyed the trip up the space needle elevator, but it was neat to walk around the top and get a few pictures! We also were able to go and get Reagan's 18 month pictures done.... Hilary and I had pictures done with Reagan every couple of months the entire 1st year of her life. When they moved to Idaho, that was one of the things that moved too! Hilary got up early with Reagan the day of pictures and painted her toenails pink! It was so cute and you can even see it in her pictures because she was barefoot! It was a quick trip, but a lot of fun! I can't wait until they come back to visit! (HINT HINT)


May -- So far this month hasn't been too crazy.... I can't believe that we are already half way thru it!! The biggest thing has been Hilary going to Florida this month.... What a lucky girl!! I was just lucky enough to drive her to the airport and to pick her up tomorrow.... Too bad it has only rained while she has been gone!!!


Ryan (my little nanny boy) has started t-ball and is SO excited about it!! That is actually an understatement! :) It is funny how being a nanny for little kids instantly makes you their family! It is a built in extra family, and a great blessing in so many ways! The first day of practice, Ryan begged for me to come and watch. How could I turn down a cute little 5 year old? I couldn't.... So I went.... I took Molly with me, and what a shock! She was a HUGE hit! She was so "cool" to all these little kids, that they have even named their team "the wiener dogs!!" Imagine being a coach and not being able to convince the 5 year olds that "the wiener dogs" is not such a great name for a t-ball team! Needless to say, the name stuck, and Molly and I are committed to going to each game! PLAY BALL :)

ALSO..... The best thing that has happened thus far, is finding out yesterday that my brother and sis-in-law are having another GIRL!!!! What is better than MORE pink?!?!?! I'm not sure who is more excited..... me or them?!? What an exciting thing!!!


I promise to do my best to keep up on my blog!! I relate it to cleaning my room as a little girl.... If I let just one day slide, the task becomes too big, and I become to overwhelmed! I have thought about blogging over the last 5 months, but it just seemed too big to handle! Here is to a mid-year resolution! I think I can.... I think I can.... I think I can.... :)

1 comment:

Olsens said...

So good to hear from you again :) Love the catch-up!